So here it is, my last post of the year and of my blog a day challenge! As promised here’s a roundup of what I think my main achievements of the year have been.
1. Coming back from a head injury to get a first in my second year. Very proud of this and think my head injury has massively changed my perspective on everything.
2. Went interrailing! Best 5 weeks ever. Never done anything like that before and just the experience of seeing everything and meeting new people was incredible. Definitely given me the travelling bug. Gran Canaria in September was lovely too.
3. Made some great new friends (work wise guys ;)), and left some others behind. Cliché as it may be, the people you surround yourself with have such an impact on you. Definitely one of the things that had the biggest influence on my year.
4. Done a year research internship and mentoring. Both of which have proved incredibly useful in learning and gaining experience. Hopefully one step closer to where I want to be.
5. Overcame one of my biggest fears of exercising in front of people and completed my first race. Even though it wasn’t a long race, I’m so proud that I completed it in front of all those people.
6. Dedicated more time to doing things I enjoy. I’ve been to the cinema and read so much this year and taken back up piano and started yoga.
2013 has been such a great year for me and I’m definitely a happier person for it. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading my daily ramblings. I can’t say I’m sad to see the end of blogging, but who knows maybe after a week break I’ll start to miss it?!
I hope 2014 is a wonderful one for all of you!